Pageant Questions: Gun Control, Right to Bear Arms
Pageant Sample Questions - NRA, Second Amendment, Right to Bear Arms, Gun Control
- How has the massacre in the Aurora Colorado movie theater affected your views about gun control?
- Colorado has experienced two of the nation's worst massacres -- Columbine
high school in 1999 and the Aurora movie theater massacre in 2012. You are from Colorado. With
your state having experienced two such devastating massacres, does it worry you?
- Do you think that it might have changed the outcome in the Colorado massacre if
a few people had been carrying legal concealed weapons? In Florida, a 71-year-old man pulled out his
concealed weapon and fired at two armed robbers - causing them to flee. Might
having more people with concealed weapons possibly have saved people's lives by
stopping the gunman?
- In the case of the "Fast and Furious" Mexican gun-running program that gave Mexican drug smugglers American guns which led to the murder of an American border agent and dozens of Mexican people
-- some people believe that Attorney General Eric Holder is covering up for President Obama's possible knowledge or approval of the program. How should it be handled if it is revealed that our President did know about or
authorized the program?
- With the so-called "Fast and Furious" program (which gave Mexican drug smugglers American guns), Attorney General Eric Holder says he had no knowledge of the program.
If indeed he did not know of the program, how do you feel about our own government having a program that gives guns to foreign drug dealers with the top law enforcement officer of
our country NOT knowing about it? Is our government too big to operate effectively?
- Do you support gun owners' rights? Should home owners be allowed to own guns to protect their families?
What is your opinion of Florida's "stand your ground" law?
- The shooting of Trayvon Martin in Florida has created national headlines. What is your
opinion about how police handled the incident? Do you consider it a case of self-defense, manslaughter (accidental killing), or outright murder?
Florida "stand your ground" law allows a person to use deadly force if they feel their life is threatened. If a person, like George Zimmerman, who actually
follows or pursues a person who he later claims threatened his life, be allowed to use the stand your ground defense to avoid prosecution?
- Given the fact that the Constitution grants citizens the right to bear arms, do you support the the idea that private ownership of guns should be banned? Why
or why not?
- Individuals have been prosecuted for shooting people who were robbing their homes. What are your views about the right to defend your home and possessions?
- What is your stand on gun control?
- What do you think of the strategies that some cities like Chicago use that place excessive registration requirements on people who want to register hand guns for their self-protection?
Is it just a clever way to side-step the Constitutional right to bear arms, or is it legitimate?
- Some people say that only the military and police should have guns. Do you agree or disagree?
- What is your opinion about states allowing citizens to wear guns which are visible, as opposed to concealed weapons permits, where the guns must be concealed under clothing? Good idea? Bad idea?
- Would you ever get your concealed weapons permit?
- Your bio says that you go target shooting with your Dad. So, are you comfortable with guns?
- Have you seen former Governor Jessie Ventura's controversial documentary "Police State"? If you did, what do you think about the issues he raises?
Given the Constitutional right to bear arms, do you support gun control? How do limit gun ownership without undercutting Constitutional rights?
- What is your view of the NRA?
- Some people feel that controlling guns eventually leads to a government having complete control of a helpless population, that gun control is a means to disarm the people in violation of their Constitutional right to bear arms. Do you think there is any validity to that viewpoint?
- Back to
Submit your own pageant questions
| Back to Pageant Questions opening page
Find pageants near you
Add your pageant Free!
All pageant questions
| 1st Amendment
| 2nd Amendment
| Cosmetic Surgery
| Court Cases
| Death Penalty
| Education (Yours)
| First Ladies
| Free Speech
| Gender Differences
| Gun Control
| Health Care
| Home State
| If you
| If you were
| Illegal Immigration
| Living together
| National Security
| Nuclear War
| Nuclear Disarmament
| Obama Care
| Pageants: Benefits
| Pageants – Criticisms
| Pageants – General
| Pageant Platform| Pageant Preparation
| Pageant Swimsuit Competition
| Pageant Talent Competition
| Pageants – This Pageant
| Pageants – Titleholders
| Political Issues
| Politics – International
| Political Views
| Posing Nude
| Public Office
| Reproductive Rights
| Role Models
| Serving as Titleholder
| Supreme Court
| Traffic Tickets
| Unwed Pregnancy
| Who Is?
| What Is?
| Women in Politics
| Why Pick You?
| You |
| Youth |
| Your Beliefs
| Your Feelings and Emotions
| Your Habits/ Attitudes
| Your Life
| Your Looks
| Your Personality
| Your Values